5.13.2013

The Second Generation: Ruth (Nazarian) Zaharek

Word of Life has had a huge impact on my life. When I was a teenager, a couple of counselors on the Island convinced me I needed a year at the Bible Institute, and they were so right! I had no clear direction and needed discipline. During my year there I met my husband, and we’ve been married 27 years.

Once my husband and I had children, I wanted them to experience Word of Life camps. Even though we lived 11 hours away, God made it possible. Each year my children went was a life-changing experience. My oldest daughter, Kristyna, decided that the Bible Institute was where she needed to go, and we were thrilled. Now my second daughter, Michelle, is there, and it’s been an amazing year so far. My son is hoping to work at Word of Life this summer, too. So each of us has been impacted by this fantastic place! I just can’t imagine where I’d be without the influence of Word of Life.

FUN FACTS:
  • The Zahareks have been involved with Word of Life for three generations. Ruth’s dad would fly Jack Wyrtzen to rallies
  • Ruth (mom) and Michelle (daughter) both roomed in South America dorm
  • All three Zaharek girls were involved on the Island, and all three were part of the Collegians, though Ruth’s Collegians went on tour.
Click here to read about Ruth's daughter, Michelle, Class of 2013.

For more second generation stories, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment