5.01.2013

Remember When.

Have a remember when you want to share? Send your thoughts to alumni@wol.org, and feel free to include a photo!

Linda (Klump) Moser (1976)
Someone brought a sheep — yes, a sheep — into the dorm above the dining hall.

Sylinda (Birchard) Alfred (1978)
I remember when it poured rain at graduation. We rushed into the tabernacle very discouraged, and Pete got us all singing “Cheer Up Ye Saints of God!”

Rosario (Baez) Farese (1984)
I remember the Snoopy theme song being played on the piano and Dr. Davis’ and Dr. Wicks’ humor.

Jodi Rabquer (1992)
When Martin jumped in front of my tube at Snow Camp to keep me from hitting a tree!

Richard Kroeger (1993)
I remember when there was no snow for Snow Camp. Everyone prayed, and then on the third week, it started to snow, and it didn’t stop the rest of the year.

Jonathan VanDyk (1994)
I remember Youth Reachout with Rick Warken in the summer of 1994.

Brad Schmidt (1995)
I will never forget the Open Air Evangelism trip to Chicago and the great time we had in the van ride out there.

Andrea (Miller) Barnard (1996)
I remember Daniel White getting hit in the eye with a ping pong ball and having to spend time in the hospital.

Tara (Eddy) Spurlin (1997)
Housing in the Japan dorm and riding bikes everywhere (skirts and all!) because it was so far away from main campus. All 11 girls in the dorm were close and bonded deeply through evening devotions, study hours, and countless hours of stories and laughs.

Robert DeWitt (2000)
Open Air Evangelism in New York City with Greg Valentine.

Teresa (Davis) Green (2001, 2002)
Traveling with the drama team and playing games during study hours. I was very close to my dorm-mates and loved the time we spent in the Word, praising God through music and encouraging each other in Christ.

Adam Gibson (2002)
Getting an eight-foot gator off the skatepark during junior camp.

Brett Owen (2006, 2007)
I let my roommate duct-tape me to a chair outside Australia dorm next to the road at night.

John Eichelberger (2012)
Being part of the last class year when men had to wear ties.

Nathan Tse (2012)
Two words: Snow Camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment