5.13.2013

The Second Generation: Debbie (Baker) Hobbs

I attended the Word of Life Bible Institute in 1985 on a recommendation from my father to know the Word of God in depth. As many graduates say, it was the best year of my life. I gained friendships, was trained for ministry, studied the Bible, acquired godly mentors, and learned where God was leading my life. I was also blessed to meet my husband at Word of Life, which I was not expecting. I can see from life experience how the Lord used that year to help me have a bolder witness in reaching out to others.

Our three children all agreed to attend the Bible Institute before beginning their careers. This was a blessing to our hearts, as we well knew the impact it would have in their lives.

In 2006, my husband was diagnosed with cancer, and we endured the anguish of this disease for four and a half years. He went home to be with his Savior on June 12, 2011. Our “Word of Life” foundation kept us always trusting, remaining strong, and staying steady in this path of suffering God chose for us. Mike’s testimony was a bold witness to everyone he met, but most of all, God’s Word comforted our hearts throughout the journey. Our children were strengthened to see the faith of their father and how his love for his Lord never wavered.

To God be the glory for His working in our lives, and we are grateful to Word of Life for its ministry to many. It is far-reaching, and we will know in eternal celebrations the impact we have had on others.

Click here to read about Debbie's children, John and Julie Ann, Class of 2013.

For more second generation stories, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment