5.13.2013

The Second Generation: Lake Alexandria Whitehead

I decided to come to the Bible Institute after I went to camp in New York. I found the love of God for the first time and decided to give Him my all. I wanted to learn more about God’s Word and build a stronger relationship with Him, and I’ve already learned so much! I’ve grown much closer to God than I ever imagined I could. God has given me an eternal perspective for everything. All I need to do is follow Him and His will in obedience.

Part of the reason I’m here is because of my parents’ influence. I was so blessed to have parents who love the Lord. My mom went to the Bible Institute, and she’s just been a living testimony of God’s faithfulness. I saw the love of God and skills she learned at the Bible Institute, and I wanted to be that strong, organized, and disciplined woman in Christ.

FUN FACT: Both mom and daughter were in Collegians and ensembles and sang as soloists. “It is almost like a repeat ... a twin 30 years later,” Kimberly says.

Click here to read about Lake's mom, Kimberly, Class of 1984.

For more second generation stories, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment