5.13.2013

The Second Generation: John and Julie Ann Hobbs

John Hobbs

As a child, I went to many of Word of Life’s camps and loved them. I always learned so much while I was there and drew closer to the Lord every year. Because of that, I always planned to go to the Bible Institute.

Now that I’m here, God has taught me so much, and I love it.

Both of my parents went to the Bible Institute in New York, and by the way they talked about it, it sounds like it was the time of their lives. They are both very strong in the Lord, and they were my role models growing up. I wanted to do the same thing they did — to be able to learn and grow in the Lord like they did.

Julie Ann Hobbs

My parents gleaned so much knowledge from the Word and gained such an intimate relationship with the Lord at the Bible Institute that they made attending a mandatory suggestion for us three kids. I loved the idea of gaining a strong Biblical foundation before going to college to live among people who were searching for answers, so I gladly accepted my parents’ wishes to come.

After this year, I plan to attend Liberty University to study nursing. I hope God will use this year and my ministry experiences to help the sick and injured I will be working with in hospitals. That way, I can share my love, hope, and joy for Christ when people are at their lowest points.

Click here to read about John and Julie Ann's parents, Mike and Debbie, Class of 1985.

For more second generation stories, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment