5.13.2013

The Second Generation: Kirsten Williamson

As a daughter of a Word of Life staff member and Bible Institute graduate, I grew up knowing I would go to the Bible Institute. People used to joke with me that there’s an unwritten rule about staff kids having to go to the Bible Institute, and I hated that. I used to be set against coming to the Bible Institute — and I didn’t have a reason other than wanting to do the exact opposite of what everyone expected me to. I remember having many different conversations with my mom about coming to the Bible Institute, and she explained the importance of being grounded in the Word before I went out into the “real world.”

When I was 14, I went to Missions Conference, and I’ll never forget the last night. After seeing the students’ passion for what they were learning and how the Lord had worked in their lives that weekend, I knew the Bible Institute was a special place, and I couldn’t wait to graduate to go!

I wanted to take a couple of years to really focus on growing deeper in my relationship with the Lord and to study the Word intensively. I’m convinced there’s no better place to do that than at Word of Life! I am so excited to be in a place that limits distractions and really encourages growth.

I am so thankful that God has been faithfully stretching and strengthening me this year. Right now, He’s teaching me the importance of trusting Him in every situation and waiting patiently on His perfect timing. I cannot wait to look back at all He has done in and through our class on graduation day.

Click here to read about Kirsten’s dad, Ryan, Class of 1995

For more second generation stories, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment