5.13.2013

The Second Generation: Ben Knaus

I love the Word of Life program. My church in Lynchburg, Virginia, had always used Word of Life’s books for youth, and that is how I first heard of the school. But two other factors also influenced me to go to the Bible Institute.

The first was my father. I have had the unusual pleasure of growing up with a dad who knew his theology and always had a ready answer for all the questions I had. He learned a lot of what he knew from personal study, but he always gave credit to Word of Life for helping set that fire in him.

The second reason is because of my friends. In Lynchburg, the home of Liberty University, I got to observe thousands of college-age Christians. The students from Word of Life campuses always showed more integrity and passion for ministry. I wanted to have a testimony like theirs.

I want to give credit to my mom and dad for helping me get here. Without their encouragement, advice, time, and prayer I do not know if I could have done it … or could do it.

For more second generation stories, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment