9.25.2012

Testimony Corner: Benjamin Ward, Class of 2005.

In my time at Word of Life, I learned the value of accountability, methods for Bible study that I still put into practice, and so much more. I met several godly men who have become my best friends. We still keep in touch to encourage and pray for each other  which is a huge asset to ministry  even though we live on different continents.

Right now I live in Kpalimé, Togo, West Africa, and I just finished studying the Ewe language. In August I will probably move back to Ghana, West Africa, where I will be involved with children, youth, sports, evangelism, and discipleship ministries. It is exciting to see how the Lord has helped me acquire the language, and I am looking forward to the months ahead and all He has planned.

Camp at Word of Life taught me patience in ministry, self-sacrifice, and how to handle tough situations. These lessons continue to guide me today in my life and ministry, as living in a foreign culture and communicating in a language I am still learning takes a lot of patience sometimes. But the lost must hear! I also appreciate having godly friends back home that I can talk to and ask for advice.

The list could go on and on for how my years at Word of Life and on the Impact Team help me in life and ministry, but it can all be summed up in this: Those two years are still the best years of my life, and I would never trade them for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment